Industry Blog

Property Management Lockout Key

System - Saturday, October 7, 2017
Be sure to check with your locksmith to see if they an ingenious little tool call  the lockout key.

Basically, if you have a move-out/eviction scenario where you need to secure the property before the locksmith can change locks, there is a special type of 2-part key that jams a piece of metal into each lock, making existing keys unusable. The metal is removable with another special ‘key.'

So, of course, the first question is “what’s to prevent somebody from just kicking the door down?” That is the topic of a completely different discussion thread. Continue checking this blog and the Echo Summit website below for more on this and other topics.